The French American Academy strives to provide the highest educational standards with a bilingual, comprehensive curriculum in a safe, nurturing and creative environment.
We foster an atmosphere that promotes critical thinking, curiosity, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic. In addition, we encourage the physical, social and emotional development of our students in a nurturing, multicultural setting. Finally, we cultivate diversity and inclusion as well as individual talents.
Most importantly, we aspire to see our students become well-rounded, lifelong learners, who are respectful, confident, positive, open-minded, and globally literate.
Our Guiding Beliefs
- Learning a second language at an early age is a lifelong advantage.
- A bilingual approach benefits children both academically and cognitively.
- Children learn best when they feel safe, supported and nurtured.
- Big things happen in small classes.
- In established traditions and the latest advances.
- In diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Every child has a potential for excellence.
- In educating the whole child.
- We are all citizens of the world.
- Passionately, in what we do.
Our logo Represents Our Values
Our logo represents a book composed of colored pages. The baseline highlights the impact of a bilingual education on the personality of a student who shall become a citizen of the world. Excellence in Education is represented by the open book.
- In a time where technology infiltrates all aspects of our life, especially in education, we want to preserve and promote learning with printed books. Touching pages, and reading from a printed medium rather than a screen stimulates the brain and engages learning. For example, at the French American Academy, we put the emphasis on reading and working on printed books in two languages. As a result, we teach bilingualism more efficiently than if we were to use only screens and digital tools. In addition, the flipping pages suggest the dynamic nature of learning itself and the movement and progress we constantly initiate and support.
- International and diverse environment. At The French American Academy, everyone is welcome with no distinction of race, gender, or skin color. The multiple colors of our logo are the symbol of diversity and inclusion. They are also a graphic representation of the international environment our students and staff come from. We provide bilingual education, and we help develop our students into international citizens of the world.
To end this presentation of our missions and values, we invite you to read this article from BBC which encapsulates our Missions and Values.
Why a Bilingual Education
Our students receive the benefits of bilingual and bi-cultural education
Our school’s goals are to educate students to
- Achieve fluency in both the French and English languages
- Speak, read, write, count, and think in both French and English
- Compare and contrast French and English grammar and usage
- Use French and American approaches and strategies in STEAM subjects
- Understand and appreciate French and American cultures and traditions
- Make cultural and historical connections across continents
- Be well-read and knowledgeable global citizens of European and American civilizations, world geography, and current events
- Achieve oral fluency in a 3rd language (level A2)
Multicultural & International Citizens
Our students grow in an international environment embracing diversity and inclusion. Our missions and values are to make students bilingual as well as international.
Our educational values are rooted in the following beliefs.
- Students are open-minded and accepting of all cultures, ethnicities, genders, abilities, ideas, and religions.
- They are socially aware of and sensitive to differences in socioeconomic status.
- Students are flexible and adaptable, yet firm in their core values and beliefs.
- They are learners through both academia and real-life experiences.
- They are respectful and polite.
- They are charitable.
- Students are conscious of their impact on the environment and are active participants towards global change.
Which Skills do French American Academy Students Acquire?
Frequently Asked Questions
The French American Academy’s mission aligns with local, state, and national educational goals and standards by being fully accredited by both the US Department of Education and the French Education Ministry. The FAA has a team of highly-qualified teachers who work to maintain the highest academic standards, ensuring that the school’s mission is reflected in its curricula and activities. We strive to be the best international school in new jersey.
The FAA offers numerous opportunities for involvement and building relationships within our diverse school community.
Parents are encouraged to get involved in the school through various channels, such as the parent organization, class presidents, or as school ambassadors, and their contributions help to foster a sense of belonging and engagement within the school. Learn more about how you can get involved.
The FAA also actively involves students in its mission. This might include opportunities for student leadership, service learning projects, and other ways for students to actively shape their educational experience and contribute to the school community.